The following group of ideas came from ministry-to-children.com are all about parent’s initiating and leading spiritual activities for their kids at home. Many of these are super-obvious. The role of the church leader here is to remind parents about this opportunity.
1. Read the Bible together as a family. Kids get a turn to read aloud too!
2. Parents can lead a family devotion time. Some printable devotion examples.
3. Have a worship dance party. Put on praise music or use kids worship songs on YouTube.
4. Parents can lead a Bible craft with their kids.
5. Parents can lead a full “children’s church” service.
Do a game, sing worship songs, learn a Bible story, and then have some fun activities.
6. Let kids plan & lead a “kids church service” for their parents in the audience role.
This reversal flip will be an awesome memory. I like the discussion guides and videos from Crossroads Kids Club (they are all free)
7. Learn a memory verse together.
8. Act out Bible story skits as a family.
9. Go for a prayer walk at home or in a local park or forest.
Have kids pray aloud giving God thanks while naming all the beautiful things they see.