1968 – A place for worship and ministry
- On Feb. 3, 1968, fourteen interested persons met for the purpose of organizing a new church in Park Rapids. During the meeting the name ” Faith Baptist Church ” was chosen for the new church. Forty charter members voted to call Rev. Orval Peterson to serve as interim pastor.
- The members decided, on April 28, 1968, to purchase a lot located one mile south of the stop lights on Highway 71. A church building was completed and the dedication service was held on Sunday, December 15, 1968 .
- Pastor Ray Lindholm was called on August 20, 1969 to become the first resident pastor. In 1970, additional property was purchased for further expansion.
1971 – Reaching out to the wider community
- On November 7, 1971 , a Sunday morning radio broadcast was begun and continues to this day on Park Rapids station KDKK/FM and KPRM/AM.
- A Harvest Festival Offering was received in November 1971, that made it possible to retire all church debts and begin a building fund for a new church building. Ground breaking was held on May 4, 1975 for the new building to the north. Construction began and was completed June 1976.
1982 – Youth outreach and growth
- In 1982, the AWANA youth outreach was started. It has grown steadily each year with a goal to “reach boys and girls with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.” Wednesday evenings from 6:55 to 8:30 p.m. are a beehive of activity as a full range of family activities are offered for those attending.
- Church attendance grew steadily and made it necessary to go to two Sunday morning worship services. In 1996, a Praise Team was added to the service to promote a time of blended worship praise.
1995 – Focus on education
- The church added a multipurpose building in 1995 and a 7,200 sq. ft. addition in 1998-99. This includes an expanded nursery facility, additional Christian Education classrooms and a second foyer/entrance to the sanctuary.
2005 – A place for Building Families of Faith
- In May, 2005, FBC broke ground for a Family Life Center . This 18,000 sq. ft. addition will include a multi-purpose area/gymnasium, flexible space for large/small classrooms, kitchen, lavatories and additional office space. As with all our building projects, FBC is committed to build by faith as the Lord provides the funding. We proceed with each stage of the construction when sufficient funds are provided. The Family Life Center
2013 – Name Change and Motto
- Name changed to Faithbridge Church with a motto, “Connect, Belong, Become”.
- The new name directs attention to the Cross of Christ as the bridge – the connection point between a Holy God and a world broken by the effects of sin. The new motto is an invitation to the people in our sphere of ministry.
- Our prayer for others is that they will connect with God through faith in Jesus Christ and connect with believers who love and serve him. That they will belong to His family and as God leads, to our church family. And that they will become all that Jesus has destined them to be.
The “Family of Faith” is grateful for the privilege of serving God in the Park Rapids area and for the Lord’s continued blessing. Those in the area are welcome to come, visit, worship and grow in Christ with us.
- Youth Ministry – Currently, nearly 100 youth grades 7-12 are involved in some way in Faith Student Ministries (FSM) at Faithbridge Church.
- Another youth ministry is Sunday School (150) and weekly Release Time (100).
- Nearly 250 children and adults are involved in various Wednesday evening ministries.
- Our Sunday School for all has classes for every age and interest.
- Over 250 seniors call Faithbridge their church home.
- Growth continues in MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) ministry, Women’s ministries, and Men’s ministry, Hospital ministries and more!